I like to serve this dish in martini glasses for small get-togethers!
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 tbs orange zest
- 2 tbs grated ginger
- 1 tbs white sugar
- 2 tbs diced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 12-16 oz white fish, diced into kernel sized small cubes (I use sea bass or corvina)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced mangoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- Combine lime juice, orange juice, orange zest, ginger, sugar, green onion, yellow onion, and white fish in a bowl. Make sure juices just cover all the ingredients. If more is needed, add additional lime or orange juice.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours. Stir twice during that period.
- Remove from refrigerator and stir in tomatoes, mangoes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Drain most of the juice.
- Divide into small dishes and serve.
Yield: 7 servings in small dishes, 3-4 servings for a light dinner