- Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
- 2 carrots, grated
- 6 large Roma tomatoes, roughly diced into large chunks
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 16 oz jar favorite pasta sauce (I use Newman’s Own Marinara and Basil)
- In a 13×9 Pyrex glass dish, grate 2 carrots. Spread evenly.
- Add Roma tomatoes, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle diced onions evenly over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle garlic, then parsley.
- Drizzle entire layered mixture with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in a hot oven (450 degrees F), stirring every 10 minutes (about).
- When you think it’s finished, remove from oven and stir in jar of sauce.
This recipe is perfect to make as the sauce for chicken parmesan. As you are baking the sauce, pan fry your chicken parmesan and set aside, then when the sauce is finished, add the chicken to the Pyrex dish, cover with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly.