After realizing that I spend too much money on food, I decided to make a dish using only ingredients that I already had in my cabinet and freezer. This is what I came up with. It’s stupid simple.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or italian salad dressing)
- 2 chicken breasts or 5-6 chicken tenders (whatever you feel like eating)
- In a large-ish skillet, heat oil and butter on medium-high heat.
- Sautee garlic and onions, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and salad dressing.
- Sautee for 5 more minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add chicken, reduce heat to medium-low and cover, cooking until chicken is done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper.
I made this dish with a side of rice. I think it’d be good if you put cheese on top, but it was delicious regardless. I also froze the remaining tomato paste in a plastic bag for later use.